Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Socks it is!


Socks it is! It's been awhile since I've made any socks, which is something that I really enjoy. These are a variation of the Broadripple Socks that were featured in Knitty. I wanted more ripples so the basic stitch pattern I'm using is K1, yo, k1, ssk, k2tog, k1, yo, k1. I'm working that over 64 stitches, because I have big legs and feet. I'm also working on in my head a variation that substitutes a "m1" for a "yo" to eliminate the hole and just have ripples. I'll keep you posted on that. The yarn is Esprit from Elann. I have enough Esprit for two pairs. I've never used Esprit before, but I have used Cascade Fixation and it makes comfortable socks. This pattern is one of my favorites. I've made several pairs of socks with it and it's always a hit.

No comments: