Thursday, February 02, 2006


I've been working on "Swatch your Step" socks from a "Knitter's" magazine from couple years ago. I'm not sure how well I like it so far. The process is great, but I resized the pattern. Three rows instead of two. And I'm not too pleased with where the ribbing comes together at the top. We'll see.

And finally we have finished mittens. A very enjoyable project. I used to do counted cross stitch and this was very similar. Again the pattern came from on older "Interweave Knits". There is a hat, too, but I don't think the hat pattern matched up with the mittens very well. So, I designed my own.

The braided cast on is very cool. I found a template for designing Norweigan style hats and mittens at HelloYarn.com and drafted my own pattern based on the mittens. It's slated to be my Olympic Knitting project.

No comments: