Monday, February 06, 2006


Since I can't cast on for Olympic knitting until Friday, I've been playing around with some modular knitting. I have a pattern for a modular sweater that I'd like to make from some cream colored cotton blend. I'm really considering Shine from KnitPicks.

The yarn here is Lion's Brand Chunky. It's been hanging around in my stash and has unsuccessfully tried to be several other things. But it likes the modular piece, knit on 10 1/2 needles.

I also tried a patriotic combo that seems to work well too. So far, I'm just knitting for practice. One tip that I really like. The last stitch of each row is slid with the yarn in front. The first stitch of each row is knit through the back loop. It makes a very neat edge and easy to pick up the stitches for the next block.

No comments: