Sunday, May 01, 2005

Shrubbery

For any of you that appreciate Monty Python, we went to visit "Roger, the Shrubber" yesterday. Actually we went to Hoffman's Nursery in Stoystown, PA. Their motto is "If it grows in Pennsylvania, we have it." And they're not kidding. Actually, I don't believe that Roger, the shrubber was on site, but he'd have been proud. Stoystown where Hoffman's is located is really in the middle of no where. It was a very cloudy, overcast, drizzly, and foggy day. To get there from here entails a drive over a mountain on a two lane highway. The Lincoln Highway to be exact. It was an adventure through the fog, but well worth the trip.

Here's the dwarf Alberta Spruce. One for each side of the front steps.

And here's the Coral Bells. I think we'll need to make another trip to pick up two more coral bells and a mountain laural bush. Coral Bells were a favorite of my paternal grandmother. They remind me of her, plus they're beautiful.

I'm coming to you all tonight via a WYFI ( I think that's how you spell it) It's wireless internet service. And it's very FAST! Much faster than dial-up or the DSL that I have at work. We're going to have to look into this!

There was some knitting this weekend. My MIL really likes round dishcloths. A great place to find dishcloth patterns is at the Dishcloth Botique. In the right size they make a great placemat. So, I thought I'd whip up a few in her colors to send off for Mother's Day. She's having knee replacement surgery on the 5th and will be in the hospital for Mother's Day, but we'll be sending off a box for her for when she gets home. I'm using Peaches and Creme cotton kitchen yarn in a white, blue, green color way. All done but the connecting of the last wedge to the first wedge. Hopefully, I'll have a photo tomorrow.

No comments: