Monday, February 14, 2005

Blocking


Blocking makes all the difference in the world. Amazing. My Opera Scarf is complete and I blocked it yesterday. It really made the pattern "pop". I was so surprised how the wool stretched when it was wet. The blocking shows a boo-boo that I made very near the end. It's about 2-3" from the bind off. Some frogging is in order. Made with Lorna's Laces Shephard Sport. Posted by Hello

It's Valentine's Day. I'm wearing a pin that my daughter made for me a few years ago. I tried to take a picture but it just wouldn't come out. Not much natural light considering that it's 34 degrees and RAINING. (ugh!)

Next up for knitting -- I'm finished a pair of Fiber Trends slippers for DH. One almost down and the other to go. I've got Clapotis nearing completion. (Photo on that and stitch markers tomorrow.) I guess socks will be next. I also have a felted bag that's floating around in my head.

I got the spring Interweave Knits on Saturday. The socks were interesting and so was the square shawl. The patterns were nice, but I didn't see any "have to make" sweaters. I was disappointed with the sock photos. The main element of the socks is a cable running down the side. But in the photo's presented, the cable is very elusive. Do they not get it that we want to see the knitted items, not the model!

No comments: