Monday, January 31, 2005


A wee project! Posted by Hello

Yes, I made a trip to the LYS on Saturday after soccer registration. The pattern is the Opera Scarf from Blue Sky Alpaca. I've been admiring it ever since I saw Susan's version. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in the Watercolor colorway. The other skein is destined to become socks by combining it with some Baby Silk Alpaca from Elann to make the Old Shale Socks found over at Stitches of Violet. How decadant to have socks made from silk, alpaca, and Lorna's Laces and purple yet to boot. (Actually I think the color is called Eggplant.)

Clapotis took a breather over the weekend. There was some progress on the current pair of Fiber Trends Clogs, but mostly I worked on the Opera Scarf. I also picked up the pattern for the Market Square bag and some black Lopi light. I'm collecting yarn to make another felted bag and was considering the Market Square bag or something along the lines of the Oregon Tote from Knitkit and Judy Scanlon. Probably have to do both.

The other noteworthy news items is that the 10-year-old brought home the second report card of the year and again she has straight A's! Keep it up kid!

No comments: