Saturday, April 28, 2007

Trekking Along

Well, I'm chugging right along on my Trekking socks. And I was wrong. I have not reached a point where the color changes repeat. The colors in the pictures are close, but not quite. There's no sun out today and my pictures are just so-so. But I'm so pleased. I completed a Pricilla Gibson-Roberts short row heel. I purchased her book, "Simple Socks, Plain and Fancy" just for the express purpose of doing this heel. I'm just amazed. It was so simple. I never had much luck before with short row heels and have always wound up doing a heel flag and gusset decrease. The construction of this style heel is ingenious! I'll be anxious to see how it fits when done. Next up is going to be the other skein of Trekking Harmony in the green colorway. I'm planning on using Marguerite's Basketweave ribbing pattern. But I might just use the short row heel again. Pretty cool.

But in the meantime, something else may also be in the works...

No comments: