Wednesday, July 20, 2005

New sock and sunflowers


I really wanted to cast on for another sock (I'm almost done with the footie...) This is the Whitby pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. It's a great book, unfortunately there are lots of errors and you have to be sure to check out the errata at the Interweave Press web site. Some of the errors are just common sense things, but I'm really surprised.

There are several other patterns that I'd like to made from Knitting on the Road. My problem is that I have large feet and ankles. So, pattern adjustments will be necessary. For the Whitby sock, I'm using Elann's Esprit (cotton/elastic) and I'm knitting on Size 3 needles. Just by adjusting the yarn and needle size the socks should fit great.


Here's an update on the mini-sunflowers. They are about 15" tall and are going to burst forth with bloom!

Here's a close up of one of the forthcoming blooms. I started with five seeds, four germinated, and three are going to bloom. The fourth plant is puny and only about 6" tall -- I don't expect any blooms from it. It's been so interesting to watch!

No comments: