Monday, June 11, 2007

Back in business

Now, I'm back in business. The old Fuji camera still works. And I was even able to get my laptop to recognize it and download the pictures. I'm going to try some superglue and duct tape on the Kodak Easyshare. What a pain these digital cameras can be -- don't get me wrong, they are wonderfully easy to use and it's so nice that you don't have to pay all that $$$ to get the photos developed and all. But this is the third digital camera that we've had battery door issues with.

Anyhow, here's a shot of my Garterlac dishcloth. You'll find the pattern here. The border around the edge is my contribution to the pattern. I'll be entering it in the local fair as a set with a towel.

















The towel shown below is just a test drive of the pattern and the yarn. It turned out very nice in person, but the white in the red-white-blue varigated yarn is really cream. So, I'll be keeping the test drive for myself. I'm currently working on a towel that matches the dishcloth. I know there's been a thread on the KnitList over the past week about towel toppers/kitchen towels and the like. Yes, they are an old fashioned thing, but a strategically placed towel is a God send in the kitchen. Plus, this is much nicer than one that's made from the cheapest dollar store tea towel with a crocheted topper made from Red Heart yarn. In this case the entire towel and topper is made from cotton dishcloth yarn.

I even have hot pads on my table that are round dishcloth pattern made from cotton yarn and they are great. They serve as hot pads, placemats, clean up for emergency spills and the like.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted as to what items I'll be entering in the fair. So far, I have two felted bags, two pairs of socks, a pair of felted clogs, a shawl, dishcloth and dishcloth/towel set. My only goal is to win a few bucks to buy more yarn with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy, you are a real McGyver with a digital camera aren't you! Love the dishcloth and towel!

Anonymous said...

Love the border. How did you do it?

sg peace