Tuesday, March 14, 2006


When looking at the crocus that are coming up in my garden you might think that spring is here. Indeed, it was 78 yesterday. Today, however, was a different story. As my friend, Christopher Robin would say, "it was a rather blustery day." Snow is even predicted for Friday.

And yes, I'm working on my FLAK (Follow the Leader Aran Knit) sweater. What great fun! I've been lurking at the knit-a-long and on various websites where folks are displaying progress. I have the shoulder saddles done, picked up for the back and am working my way to the arm holes.

I've selected different cables than the pattern actually calls for. The center panel features a Saxon Braid, flanked by Braided cables. The rest are Rope cable and a small twisted stitch. The yarn is from Elann, Peruvian Highland Wool in victorian rose. I'm using size 6 needles, because I knit rather tightly, and because I will be wearing a turtleneck or a t-shirt underneath. Great project with outstanding instructions. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love that Saxon braid, it's striking. I was going to use Antique Rose, but changed my mind. I will definately use it in a future project...so pretty!

Terri said...

Kerin, I really like the color and cables you chose for your FLAK sweater.