Wednesday, March 01, 2006


Here's the finished product -- only thing needed is some blocking on the hat. Yarn is Palette from Knitpicks. Double strand used in the mittens, single strand used in the hat. Size 6 needles. Pattern for the mittens is from Interweave Knits (I'm not sure what issue) and the hat pattern I intrepreted from the mittens.

The top of the hat sports the date - 2006!

And here's another Olympic project that I've been working on. My grandfather has an English walnut tree in his backyard that produces some WONDERFUL walnuts. I recently got my hands on a nutcracker that actually works. I filled up the 3 lb. margarine tub with nuts and I'd say that I have at least two more tubs worth of nuts yet to crack - from this year's harvest. I still have nuts from last year, but I don't know how long they'll stay good, but I'll be finding out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did much better at your Olympic task than Bode Miller did at his! They are beautiful!