Tuesday, January 17, 2006

2006 Knitting Olympics


I believe that I'm going to join in the 2006 Knitting Olympics being hosted by The Harlot. Stephanie has even come up with a very cool button. We all are big Olympics fans at our house and I'm sure that I'll be knitting. My current mittens project should be complete by the end of the week. (Photo's to follow) The Elizabeth I Town and Country scarf is progressing. (I'm into the second skein - projecting three total.

So, what could I knit, hmmmmm..... The to-do list included a new pair of felted slippers. (I've worn the soles clear through on the pair that I wear.) But that's not really a challenge. I have another Cascading Leaf sock that needs to be knit to match the one that's finished. I've have another pretty challenging sock on the needles that needs to be knit and it's mate done too. Then I have some lovely Lorna's Laces sock yarn, only one skein that I'd like to make a scarf from. I'd like to make some light blue mittens from the Peruvian yarn that I made a hat and scarf from in December, but that's not very challenging. I'd like to knit up a Branching Out Scarf by Susan and that maybe what I select in the end.

The other item of interest is the FLAK (Follow the Leader Aran Knit by Janet Sabo) action that's happening over at Stitches of Violet. Maugerite is working with some beautiful antique rose yarn from Elann. She's also working on a pattern call Aguave with some Shine yarn from KnitPicks. I admired this pattern when it came out in the summer 2005 Knitter's and I think that Margerite is doing a beautiful job. It's definately worth hopping over there to check both sweaters out.

No comments: