Friday, May 25, 2007

And now for a little holiday time!

Ah, finally it's summertime. Warm days, cool nights, the windows are thrown open and the breeze just moves through the house. Wonderful! I have five days in a row off from work. It's almost like being on vacation. (Can't hear the ocean, though...)





First off, here's a shot of the salvia in my front flower bed. It's really beautiful right now. The hummingbirds and the bees think so, too. Then I finally got to the garden center and picked out a pink azalea and a pink rhododendrum. I've not had much luck in the location where these bushes are going. I'm not quite sure what the problem is as the rhododendrums that were in this location originally died after being there for years. It may be some kind of bug problem, but I have a little something that will take care of that.



I've been knitting away on what's going to be a felted tote for my laptop. It's mostly KnitPicks Wool of the Andes with some Lion's Wool thrown in. As you can see, the front and back are finished. I'm working on the bottom and I'm playing around with mitered squares for the sides. It all gets put together with a three needle bind-off and a double I-Cord handle.

I have a few other minor projects I'd like to do over the weekend involving laundry, gardening, and a picnic on Monday. Have a great weekend and don't forget to put out your flag!

P.S. I've spent most of the evening trying to upload the pictures to Blogger. It wasn't going well... Saturday afternoon -- still not going well, but I figured a way to work around it, I think.

No comments: