Monday, October 09, 2006

Again, I've been a bad blogger. I can't believe I haven't posted since August. But this time I have good news -- I've been knitting. I have the FLAK sweater back out. I'm hopeing to be done by the end of the year. (Well, maybe sooner.) In the meantime, I have been working on some smaller projects.

First, I picked up some yarn over the weekend. Our community hosts a very large Fall Foliage Festival, complete with a multitude of craft vendors. Also, the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman hosts an indoor show in conjuction with the big, outdoor show. I specifically went to check out the lady who was demonstrating spinning. (She had yarn for sale too! Imagine that!) Very cool. I am restraining myself with regard to spinning. I know I would really enjoy spinning, but I just can't take on another activity at this point in my life. Who knows, maybe someday a spinning wheel will fall into my lap and away I'll go.

Here's some hand-spun local yarn that I picked up at our community's annual Fall Foliage Festival. It's from Rose Garden Fibers. This is a bulky yarn, color way called Evening Rose Garden. I think it wants to be a scarf.

I also picked up this blue and white sport weight wool. They are begging to be mittens.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to do better with more regular posts. For instance, I already have tomorrow's post ready, but I can't put it up till tomorrow. All for now.

No comments: